Each of us contribute to the health (or harm) of this Earth; that’s why at Bra Barrette we endeavor to keep the environment in the forefront of our minds at all times. Decisions are made with consideration of their environmental impact and how we can lessen the strain on our resources. We also are working toward 100% reusable / recyclable packaging that takes up a minimum amount of space so that it can be shipped easily and with the least amount of strain on the environment.
We have one world, love it.
Our efforts include the following ways.
In the Corporate Offices and Production Facility:
- We send digital catalogs, order forms and other information to retailers and consumers unless requested to send printed copies.
- We recycle paper, plastic and metal.
- All electronic equipment is turned off at night – saving electricity and keeping our operating costs down.
The BB’s themselves:
- All Bra Barrettes are made from a plastic that can be recycled. In the unlikely event your BB breaks, we request the product is sent back to us for 2 reasons: 1. that we can continue to product the highest quality product at the best price possible; 2. we will recycle the broken or damaged parts and work with you to get you a replacement BB.
- Our BB plastic manufacturer in Bellingham, WA is located very close to our production facility, which means that we use few resources moving the product from one place to the other.
- Our plastic manufacturer reuses any leftover plastic from the BB making process so that there is virtually 0% wasted plastic.
You can also be environmentally responsible by:
- Recycling the paper card that the BB is attached to.
- Use the plastic bag / box to store other items like coins, receipts, or your BB and charms.
- If your BB is ever damaged, send it back to us for recycling!