Bra Barrette FAQs
How comfortable is the Bra Barrette?
This product was designed for all day wear, it does not try to convert your straps to a Racerback style, but more gently pull the straps together. It’s made from a flexible plastic so that it bends and moves with you all day. You’ll notice after wearing your Bra Barrette for a few weeks that the plastic is actually remolding to the shape of your back.
How easy is the Bra Barrette to put on?
This product is very easy to put on by yourself, it might take practicing a few times, but once you get it, it becomes second nature. We always recommend LOOSENING YOUR STRAPS if possible, so it doesn’t pull too tight. After that, it’s three easy steps:
- Hook it UNDER your left strap. If you put your hands behind your head, you can lift your strap away from your skin and put the Bra Barrette on by hooking your strap into the outer curl, UNDER your strap (make sure the Bra Barrette is next to your back).
- Hook it UNDER your right strap. Switch hands and do the same thing, lifting your strap away from your back, slide the Bra Barrette between your back and your strap and hook the strap onto the outer curl of the Bra Barrette.
- Pull UP and OUT on your straps. You can now put your hands under each strap at the top of your shoulders and pull up and then out on your straps. The more you pull out on your straps the farther down your back the Bra Barrette will slide.
Readjust your straps to your comfort level. Click Here to watch the video for how to put it on.
How do I know what size Bra Barrette to get?
Please CLICK HERE to see our sizing page.
How strong is the Bra Barrette?
Because the plastic is designed to be flexible it will stretch almost like elastic and is guaranteed not to break with normal wear.
I put my Bra Barrette on and it doesn’t lay flat against my back, why is it doing that?
This happens most often when the Bra Barrette is hooked OVER the straps instead of under them. The design of the product works best when it is between your back and your straps. Follow the directions given above or on the packaging and it should correct the problem. We recommend watching the video to see step by step how it goes on. Avoid using a mirror to watch yourself put it on as you might reverse steps and mistakenly put it on wrong.
Will the Bra Barrette cause my straps to twist or crinkle?
Because the Bra Barrette is taking your straps from their original design of going straight over the shoulder and pulling them gently together, twisted or crinkled straps may occur. You can usually fix this when you put the Bra Barrette on by twisting your strap back to the original position after the Bra Barrette is in place.
I’ve been wearing my Bra Barrette for a while and it looks warped, is this normal?
YES! This is what helps make the product comfortable to wear, it actually remolds to the shape of your back.
Are there any alternative ways to put on the Bra Barrette?
Absolutely! Here are some other suggestions for how you can put it on.
- Put your bra or tank top around your waist and put the Bra Barrette on each strap, be sure you are hooking it on the UNDERSIDE of your straps. You can then put your arms through the straps and pull them up to your shoulders.
- Before putting on your tank top or bra, hook the Bra Barrette onto the UNDERSIDE of the straps and then put your tank top or bra on over your head. Pull up and out on the straps to adjust the position of the Bra Barrette on your back.
Can I add other charms to all the Bra Barrettes?
Many of our PLAIN Bra Barrettes do not come with attachments that allow for charms. All Charmed Bra Barrettes come with an attached Lobster Claw Clasp that allows you to easily change out your charms for the ones provided or add your own.
Is your shopping cart secure?
ABSOLUTELY, we use an SSL certified site so your information is protected. Call us if you'd rather give credit card information over the phone, we DO NOT keep this information on file, it is destroyed immediately after processing.